Amoeba deaths spotlight ‘brain-eating’ microbes Amoebas are being blamed for the mind infections that killed two children recently drug information . A nine-year-old identified as Christian Alexander Strickland from Henrico County, Virgina, died from meningoencephalitis after being infected with the microscopic bugs, which flourish in stagnant ponds and lakes during warm weather. August 5 The boy died, making him the first to die of the infections since 1969, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported. His mom, Amber Strickland, stated her son experienced attended a fishing day time camp at several locations the entire week before he passed away. ‘He went from playing video gaming to being brain lifeless,’ she said.
, a clinical stage developer of fresh uses for previously accepted drugs and new molecular entities , announces that its common share has been accepted for listing on the NASDAQ Capital Market. ‘The Company is very happy to make the changeover to NASDAQ and increase our profile in the investment community,’ commented Don Wingerter, Ampio’s ceo. ‘We believe being outlined on the Nasdaq Capital Market will provide Ampio with greater visibility, additional liquidity for our common share, and possibilities to expand our trader bottom.’ Pending the listing transformation, Ampio’s common stock will continue to trade on the OTC Bulletin Panel. ..